The CAA Critical Illness Plan
helps you protect your lifestyle.
If you were burdened with a critical illness, would your finances survive? Would fighting for your life cost you your life savings? CAA says it doesn't have to be that way.
The CAA Critical Illness Plan offers you benefits of up to $250,000 to fund your recovery, in any way you choose, once you provide satisfactory proof that you were diagnosed, while your coverage was in force, with a covered condition for the first time in your life, and you survived 30 days following coronary artery bypass surgery or major organ transplant, or after the first diagnosis of a heart attack, stroke, kidney failure or cancer. (In the case of cancer, the symptoms or medical problems leading to the diagnosis must have first appeared more than 90 days after coverage began.)
And because this Plan is sponsored by CAA, it offers you many valuable features, including:
- Your choice of coverage from $25,000 to $250,000 depending on your needs. This money is paid directly to you, to spend as you wish. Your spouse can also choose coverage of $25,000 to $250,000. All applicants must be between 18 and 65 and resident in Canada. Once covered under the Plan, you can keep the coverage to age 70.
- Access to Best Doctors® at no extra cost. This service is currently available to you if you are insured under the Critical Illness Plan. Upon receiving notification of your claim, Manulife Financial will give you access to the Best Doctors® patient referral network. Best Doctors® can identify the top doctors for your condition based on location and specialty -- at home or abroad -- to diagnose and manage your condition or to offer you a second opinion. Just knowing that the Best Doctors® team of advanced medical specialists is behind you can give you added peace of mind that can make all the difference in your outlook. Note that access to this service is subject to its future availability from Best Doctors®, Inc. and that Manulife Financial is not obligated to provide this access under the terms of the policy.
- 10% savings on coverage of $125,000 or more. If you choose $125,000 or more per person of Member or Spouse CAA Critical Illness coverage, you pay 10% less than the regular cost of coverage.
- All premiums refunded to your estate upon death. If you pass away while insured under the CAA Critical Illness Plan, and no claim has been paid, we will pay to your estate every penny of the premiums you paid for this coverage.
- Optional Premium Refund pays back your premiums at age 70. Choose this option when you apply (must be between the ages of 18 and 60) and, when coverage ends at age 70, if no claim has been made you can collect:
- 100% of your premium if your coverage began between the ages of 18 and 50;
- 75% of your premium if your coverage began between the ages of 51 and 55;
- 50% of your premium if your coverage began between the ages of 56 and 60.
- Low rates for CAA Members and their spouses. As a CAA Member, you and your spouse (if resident in Canada and ages 18 through 65) are eligible to apply for the CAA Critical Illness Plan at special low rates. For example, a female Non-Smoker aged 36 can be covered for $100,000 for under $1.20 a day. That's less than the price of a cup of coffee! To be eligible for Optional Premium Refund when you apply, you must be between the ages of 18 and 60.
Follow these links now to learn more about the unforeseen costs of a critical illness, determine your eligibility for the CAA Critical Illness Plan, and get a free online quote. For an outline of the limitations, exclusions and other important details of this coverage, read this. For your convenience, you can apply online now. If you prefer, you can download a printer-ready application form that you can mail in.
© CAA trademark used under license from the trademark owner, Canadian Automobile Association.
CAA Term Life, Child Term Life, Guaranteed Issue and Critical Illness Insurance are underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company.
Manulife, Manulife Financial, the Manulife Financial For Your Future logo and the Block Design are trademarks of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and are used by it, and by its affiliates under license.
Available to Canadian residents only.