Term Life Insurance Plan
Celebrate 65 years of the Engineers Canada-sponsored Term Life Plan with a special limited-time offer — apply for up to $500,000** in new or additional Term Life coverage and save 50%* off the premiums until March 31, 2014.
Only a limited amount of Term Life coverage is available at the 50%* discounted rate. So hurry, this special anniversary offer will end once the overall maximum available amount has been sold!
|Extended coverage until age 85!|
|With increases in the average life expectancy, many engineers are discovering the need to extend their financial protection later in life. But health issues may make it difficult to obtain affordable life insurance at a later age. To meet that need, the Engineers Canada-sponsored Term Life Plan now offers extended protection. This Plan is guaranteed renewable, regardless of your health, for the full amount of your coverage right up until your 85th birthday!|
|Volume savings make coverage more affordable.|
|We offer coverage of up to $1,500,000 for you and for your eligible spouse. Choose the amount that best meets your needs. If you choose coverage of $500,000 or more per person you save 5% off the total premium. If you choose coverage of $1,000,000 or more you save 10%!|
|Unique features make this coverage more valuable:|
|Enjoy optional premium-free coverage beyond age 85|
|For just pennies more a month, add the Insurance Continuation benefit to the Member and Spouse Term Life coverage you buy. Then, at age 85 when your Term Life coverage ends, Insurance Continuation coverage will replace it with up to $150,000 in life insurance, premium-free for the rest of your life. Here's how it works: more...|
At age 85 the Insurance Continuation Option replaces your Term Life coverage with premium-free permanent life insurance of up to $2,500 for each unit of Insurance Continuation Option you have.
You can cancel the Insurance Continuation Option at any time. However, once cancelled, it cannot be reinstated. You must apply for and maintain at least one unit of the Insurance Continuation Option for yourself to apply for or maintain the Insurance Continuation Option for your Spouse.
|All applicants must be resident in Canada and under 71 years of age, or up to 75 years of age if already insured under this coverage. The following individuals are eligible to apply: more...|
- Members of the 12 provincial and territorial engineering licensing associations/ordre, including members in training. Also, student engineers who are members of a student section (in those associations where a student section exists) and who are within 24 months of expected graduation from a program accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board.
- Members of the 10 provincial associations of technicians and technologists.
- Members of l'Ordre des Géologues du Québec.
- Members of the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Nova Scotia.
- Members of the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario.
- Members of l’Ordre des architectes du Québec.
- Members of the Manitoba Association of Architects.
- Members of the Newfoundland & Labrador Association of Architects.
- Members of the Architects' Association of New Brunswick.
- Members of the Nova Scotia Association of Architects.
- Members of the Architects Association of Prince Edward Island.
- Permanent full-time employees of the eligible associations, as defined above, or of Engineers Canada.
- Limited licensees.
Members and employees participating in the Term Life plan are eligible to apply for Term Life coverage for their Spouse, and for the Insurance Continuation Option for themselves and for their Spouse. Members must apply for and maintain at least one unit of the Insurance Continuation Option for themselves to apply for or maintain the Insurance Continuation Option for their Spouse. The cohabitation period for a common-law spouse is 1 year.
|Limitations and exclusions|
Suicide within 2 years of the effective date of the insured’s coverage, or any increase in coverage, is a risk not covered. Please see the Certificate of Insurance for other limitations that may apply.
* The 50% discount does not apply to existing Term Life coverage. The 50% discount will end and regular premium rates will resume on April 1, 2014.
** The maximum amount of coverage available to each person at the special rate is 20 units, for a total of $500,000 in coverage (20 units @ $25,000 per unit).
Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.