When you’re diagnosed with a major medical condition, the last thing you need is to be worried about money. CA Select™ Critical Illness Insurance will pay you up to $250,000 if you are diagnosed with one of 18 serious medical conditions, such as cancer, a heart attack, stroke, or kidney failure. This money is yours to use as you see fit. For example, you can use it to:
In short, Critical Illness Insurance provides valuable protection… when you need it the most.
- Access treatments that are alternative and experimental – or only available outside of Canada.
- Adopt a lifestyle that’s more appropriate to your medical condition.
- Take that dream vacation you’ve been putting off.
|You and your spouse can each apply for up to $250,000 of coverage (in $25,000 increments) up to Age 65 and stay covered up to Age 70. This Plan pays the full coverage amount directly to the insured, upon first diagnosis of any of the 18 covered conditions. More|
Critical Illness Insurance covers the following conditions (complete definitions):
- Life-Threatening Cancer
- Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant and Major Organ Failure While on Waiting List
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Loss of Speech
- Loss of Limbs
- Motor Neuron Disease (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Aortic Surgery
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
This coverage includes the following special features at no additional cost:
See the rates that apply to you.
|To apply for Critical Illness Insurance you must be a Member of one of the Institutes of Chartered Accountants of Ontario, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia or Bermuda; be under Age 65; be resident in Canada or Bermuda; and be free of specific pre-existing medical conditions or procedures.* A Member may apply for Spouse Critical Illness Insurance for a spouse or common-law spouse, provided he or she is under Age 65 and resident in Canada or Bermuda. More|
*Coverage is not available to any applicant who has had any of the following conditions or procedures:
- Active hepatitis, AIDS or AIDS-related disease
- Alcohol abuse in the past five years
- Alzheimer's disease
- Any heart condition or heart trouble (excluding controlled hypertension)
- Cancer - all cancer except basal cell skin cancer
- Coronary bypass surgery
- Heart attack
- Huntington's chorea
- Kidney disease - other than kidney stones or a history of kidney infection
- Lou Gehrig's disease - amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Major organ transplant recipient
- Multiple sclerosis
- Permanent paralysis (paraplegia, quadriplegia) - other than Bell's Palsy
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Stroke - cerebrovascular accident
- Transient Ischemic Attack
Payment of any benefit under the Critical Illness Plan is subject to specific and general limitations and exclusions.
|Limitations and Exclusions|