When you’re diagnosed with a major medical condition, the last thing you need is to be worried about money. CPA Select Critical Illness Insurance will pay you up to $250,000 if you are diagnosed with one of 18 serious medical conditions, such as cancer, a heart attack, stroke, or kidney failure. This money is yours to use as you see fit. For example, you can use it to:
In short, Critical Illness Insurance provides valuable protection… when you need it the most.
- Access treatments that are alternative and experimental – or only available outside of Canada.
- Adopt a lifestyle that’s more appropriate to your medical condition.
- Take that dream vacation you’ve been putting off.
|You and your spouse can each apply for up to $250,000 of coverage (in $25,000 increments) up to Age 65 and stay covered up to Age 70. This Plan pays the full coverage amount directly to the insured, upon first diagnosis of any of the 18 covered conditions. More|
Critical Illness Insurance covers the following conditions (complete definitions):
- Life-Threatening Cancer
- Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant and Major Organ Failure While on Waiting List
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Loss of Speech
- Loss of Limbs
- Motor Neuron Disease (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Aortic Surgery
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
This coverage includes the following special features at no additional cost:
Health Service Navigator® (included at no extra cost)
With Health Service Navigator(HSN), you and your family members can quickly and easily get answers to your medical questions and access to support services. And access isn’t dependent upon making a claim – it’s available immediately not only for you the insured, but for all of your eligible family members too!
Available on-line or by calling a dedicated representative - You can receive information, medical coordination services and resources on how to navigate the Canadian health care system. And, if you want a second opinion from a world-class hospital, Health Service Navigator will help you get it too.
Health Service Navigator is managed by a team of professionals, so you can be sure that the information and resources it provides are credible and current.
How Health Service Navigator can help you and your family
- Your doctor has made a diagnosis, but you want a second opinion.
You want to know how long will you have to wait for surgery and whether there a faster way to get it
You want more information about a prescription drug.
You need to find a family doctor.
You want to make the most of your appointment with a new specialist.
You need to know what health resources are available in your area.
You can find out what health expenses are covered under your provincial health plan.
You want to understand a medical condition and treatment options.
World-Class Medical Second Opinions
The second-opinion provider, WorldCare International, Inc. (WorldCare), specializes in medical advisory assistance. Your diagnosis and treatment plans are evaluated confidentially and securely by world-class specialists at top-ranked hospitals – all without you having to leave your home.
Medical Coordination Services
For more information, visit www.manulifehealth.ca
See the rates that apply to you.
|To apply for Critical Illness Insurance you must be a member of a participating body from New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island or Bermuda; be under Age 65; be resident in Canada or Bermuda; and be free of specific pre-existing medical conditions or procedures.* A member may apply for Spouse Critical Illness Insurance for a spouse or common-law spouse, provided he or she is under Age 65 and resident in Canada or Bermuda. More|
*Coverage is not available to any applicant who has had any of the following conditions or procedures:
- Active hepatitis, AIDS or AIDS-related disease
- Alcohol abuse in the past five years
- Alzheimer's disease
- Any heart condition or heart trouble (excluding controlled hypertension)
- Cancer - all cancer except basal cell skin cancer
- Coronary bypass surgery
- Heart attack
- Huntington's chorea
- Kidney disease - other than kidney stones or a history of kidney infection
- Lou Gehrig's disease - amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Major organ transplant recipient
- Multiple sclerosis
- Permanent paralysis (paraplegia, quadriplegia) - other than Bell's Palsy
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Stroke - cerebrovascular accident
- Transient Ischemic Attack
Payment of any benefit under the Critical Illness Plan is subject to specific and general limitations and exclusions.
|Limitations and Exclusions|