Critical Illness Plan
With the Engineers Canada-sponsored Critical Illness Plan, you may qualify to receive up to $1 million if you are diagnosed with life-threatening cancer, a heart attack, a stroke or up to 15 other common covered conditions.
You can use this money to get fast access to costly treatment, pay off your mortgage and outstanding debts, go on the adventure of a lifetime or spend in any way you choose.
|Flexible choices to suit your needs and budget|
|Coverage is available for you and your spouse in benefit amounts ranging from $25,000 to $1 million, as well as your choice of Essential coverage or Enhanced coverage for protection from 6 or 18 common life-threatening conditions respectively. more...|
If you die of any cause whatsoever while your coverage is in force, and have not received (or were not eligible for) payment of the Critical Illness benefit under this Plan, your beneficiary will receive a death benefit equal to 100% of the premiums you paid for this coverage.
|Great features make this coverage more valuable:|
NEW! Health Service Navigator® (included at no extra cost)
With Health Service Navigator (HSN), you and your family members can quickly and easily get answers to your medical questions and access to support services. And access isn’t dependent upon making a claim – it’s available immediately not only for you the insured, but for all of your eligible family members too!
Available online or by calling a dedicated representative – You can receive information, medical coordination services and resources on how to navigate the Canadian health care system. And if you want a second opinion from a world-class hospital, Health Service Navigator will help you get it, too. For more information, visit www.manulifehealth.ca
Health Service Navigator is managed by a team of professionals, so you can be sure that the information and resources it provides are credible and current.
How Health Service Navigator can help you and your family > Read More
Your doctor has made a diagnosis, but you want a second opinion.
You want to know how long you will have to wait for surgery and whether there is a faster way to get it.
You want more information about a prescription drug.
You need to find a family doctor.
You want to make the most of your appointment with a new specialist.
You need to know what health resources are available in your area.
You can find out what health expenses are covered under your provincial health plan.
You want to understand a medical condition and your treatment options.
|All applicants must be resident in Canada and 65 years of age or less. The following individuals are eligible to apply:more...|
NOTE: CRITICAL ILLNESS COVERAGE IS NOT AVAILABLE TO ANY APPLICANT WHO HAS HAD ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OR PROCEDURES:
- Members of the 12 provincial and territorial engineering licensing associations/ordre, including members in training. Also, student engineers who are members of a student section (in those associations where a student section exists) and who are within 24 months of expected graduation from a program accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board.
- Members of the 10 provincial associations of technicians and technologists.
- Members of l'Ordre des Géologues du Québec.
- Members of the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Nova Scotia.
- Members of the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario.
- Members of l’Ordre des architectes du Québec.
- Members of the Manitoba Association of Architects.
- Members of the Newfoundland Association of Architects.
- Members of the Architects' Association of New Brunswick.
- Members of the Nova Scotia Association of Architects.
- Members of the Architects Association of Prince Edward Island.
- Permanent full-time employees of the eligible associations, as defined above, or of Engineers Canada.
- Limited licensees.
- Active hepatitis, AIDS or AIDS-related disease
- Alcohol abuse in the past five years
- Alzheimer's disease
- Any heart condition or heart trouble (excluding controlled hypertension)
- Cancer - all cancer except basal cell skin cancer
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart attack
- Huntington's chorea
- Kidney disease - other than kidney stones or a history of kidney infection
- Lou Gehrig's disease - amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Major organ transplant recipient
- Multiple sclerosis
- Permanent paralysis (paraplegia, quadriplegia) - other than Bell's Palsy
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Stroke - cerebrovascular accident
See details of Eligibility Requirements.
Spouses of Members are eligible to apply for Critical Illness Plan coverage provided they meet the health requirements.
|Limitations and exclusions|
|No benefit will be paid if the Insured, while sane or insane, suffers a covered condition as a result of intentional self-inflicted injuries, the abuse of alcohol or drugs, committing or attempting to commit a criminal offence, or operating a motor vehicle while the concentration of alcohol in 100 milliliters of blood exceeds 80 milligrams. No benefit will be paid unless the Insured survives 30 days following the first diagnosis of a covered condition or such longer period as described in the definition of that condition.|